Sunday 11 May 2014
Lifts 2 Posted at 12:00 pm 0 comments (+)
Lifts 1

Back from a dye job! The result is not what I expected, but it's definitely one that I'm starting to like and ~embrace~. Previously, I had 7.) Platinum Roots, Ash-Blonde-Light Orange Hair. Uhm. You might get weirded-out with the names I decide on, but I'm just describing what I see on my hair and I don't really have the knowledge to classify them into shades or hues or whatever. Like I said before, I'm not a professional. Going back, I couldn't take another bleaching session after my hair became gummy and expired pasta. Also, my roots are a level lighter than the rest of my hair, which is pretty strange for people to see (no one in the family took my hair positively after seeing it bleached, lol.) So I bought a Light Ash Blonde Dye in the beauty supply store in hopes of achieving an even hair color and to tone the brassy orange. I was so nervous while my best friend was applying it (there were some horror stories of hair turning pale green after rinsing it out.) Reji assured me that it's not gonna turn green and I took comfort on that. However, when the dye was slowly covering my hair, it had a weed-green tone to it so I (internally) freaked. Left the dye on my hair for an hour and a half, and when we rinsed it....


Goodbye, orange tone and hello, Ash Blonde! But look, there's an odd color that came out after the rinse...


Because I had Platinum roots when I dyed it with Light Ash Blonde, for some reason the Platinum became Gray. COOL BEANS. I know sporting Gray hair would be interesting, but I didn't expect it to happen. It looked so good that I threw out my dream of becoming Platinum and wanted Gray hair, lol! It's not the gray you see in aged people. More of like, silver (so maybe I should've said Silver instead of Gray? lol ok.) BUT IT WAS TOO PRETTY.

8.) Silver/Gray Roots, Ash Blonde Hair

AGGGH, LOVE. At first it was frustrating because only the roots were gray. I wanted the entire head, but it cannot be unless I tone and tone and tone and dye.


Just gonna leave this Kate Moss photo because we have the same hair, ~squeeeee~ though I think she's fixed hers now. Who knew!

Unfortunately, this gray hair wouldn't last for long. AH, FUCK.  I decided that the better decision to do is to (still), even out my color then proceed to the Gray/Silver hair. Just now I toned my hair with my homemade toner, this time to remove the brassy yellow hues. I didn't apply it on my silver roots because the result would be white. After leaving the toner for 4 hours (it'll depend on how brassy your yellow is) and rinsing it, my hair was lighter (almost in level with the roots), but it had a weed-green-blue tone! It's like I went back to my previous ash-blonde stage... A few hours of drying and it became Blonde. Yay!




Emote.

So now, my hair is blonde and the silver/gray roots turned platinum when I rinsed my entire head. It's a lot less awkward to look at now that it's a bit evened-out. I'm considering this another successful step and now I would like to take a break from the processing and just deep-condition my hair. Next time, I'm ordering a toner to effectively lighten my hair to platinum and who knows, maybe I'll proceed straight to silver and another goal in life is completed... So there! Another long post about ~hair~ lol. Girls.
Feel free to address your concerns and I shall entertain them. Good luck!

Labels:

About
20, Manila, 97% seated
etcetera
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.