Friday 9 May 2014
Lifts Posted at 1:38 pm 0 comments (+)
It's been months after my last post that I don't even know how to start this so I'll get straight to the point: I'M GOING BLONDE, MINNA-SAN. 

But first, my hair history! Because I have no consistency in life and my preferences shift from time to time, and because I got tired of seeing red/orange/brown tones on EVERY girl's hair on the streets, I decided to go Jet Black. LOL, IKR. Not really the best first step to my sudden blonde ambition. I even did the dye job myself and got stained all over the back of neck and my arms (+++ I WAS GOING TO SCHOOL AND IT WAS SUCH A HASSLE HIDING EVERYTHING SO LOL). Don't  dye hair by yourself if you're too chicken to do it. It's not the first time I had my hair colored. Previous ones were Golden Brown then I went with Light Brown, then Dark Brown. All were salon-treated which meant I stashed a lot of cash for it (but NEVER AGAIN.)

1. Jet Black Hair


Fast forward to approx. 8 months and my hair was still the blackest of black. (Turns out, Kolours is a permanent hair-color huhu) School was also over and I have 4 months of vacation! WHAT TO DO?! At that time, my obsession from cosmetics shifted to skincare then body care then hair care to hair colors to blonde hair! See, I can't stick to one thing. 

After extensive (and I mean EX-TEN-SIVE) research, I had a diy experiment to lift the black dye from my hair and it was an epic fail because it didn't really do anything when I checked my hair under sunlight. 

I did another EX-TEN-SIVE research, this time on Hair Bleaching and gathered my weapons. Because I was a noob and was super panicking, I didn't let it stay that long so the result was a Very Dark Brown hair color which turns Blood Red-Black under sunlight. No photo, sorry. Though it meant progress in my bleach job, I should've left it for an hour or so to get..... this....

2. Dark to Medium Brown Hair (with Orange streaks, yuck)


Gaaahh! It's working. I was too happy to care for my slowly-getting-damaged-hair! After bleaching, it was drier than my dry hair that I had to put it in braids or updos whenever I get out, or even when at home. Also, this is not the beautiful brown you see in box dyes, nope. This one turns a bit orange under sunlight and there were streaks of orange too. A lot of people advised to wait for weeks or months to get another bleach job, but I was just too impatient to get it a level lighter. On my next bleach, I went to my best friend to let her apply it because it was so hard bleaching hair on your own. Again, don't do the bleaching if you're too chicken to do it.

Bleaching at my best friend's went a lot harsher. The bleached stayed for an hour+, my scalp felt like burning, and I could feel the heat happening inside my shower cap, lol. When we rinsed it, my hair felt like spaghetti and it took an hour or so for it to dry. But that's not all! My roots turned Yellow (like, 2 inches of it) and the rest was Dark Orange. WHOA.

3. Yellow Roots, Dark Orange Hair


Ok don't laugh


HAHAHAHA. Ok, I laughed. But as you can see I took it positively; event went out more with my friends sporting this reversed-ombre-kuno-mess-of-a-hair lol and I still put it in braids and updos to lessen the awkwardness of it. Did I mention that it was damaged as ever? #WHATSNEW

4. Platinum Roots, Orange Hair


Still the same (good) shit, but lighter hair color. Sawry, *Jun Ji Hyun voice* the photo might show a brown-ish/gold-ish tone but it's really just a bright orange color. My yellow roots turned Platinum Blonde now and YES, SPAGHETTI HAIR WITH 2 HOURS DRYING TIME... AND I MEAN FAN-DRY. #NothingNew

I'm posting my 5th bleach job, which I didn't even know was the fifth until I started typing "5th" here, lol. To me it felt like my 9th bleach job, and coming and going to my best friend's place was tiring and I feel bad about it. My best friend bleached her hair a long time ago too so she knows this shit. I'm just really glad she's willing to help me achieve this senseless endeavor lol. (Reji-appreciation part) by this time, some of my hair started to fall of and was too damaged to carry on. My hair at the backest part started turning platinum too. Drying it was worse.

5. Platinum Roots, Light Orange Hair


Driiiiiiiiiiiiiie. How lifeless this hair has turned to.

6. Platinum Roots, Light Orange-Yellow Color, Shorter Hair


 




Look at that wet pasta hair. By this time, my hair went a lighter yellow orange level. I could still bear it, but most of you might fret over the texture and feel of the hair after numerous bleaching. Yes, this really happens. The only way to ~save~ your super bleached hair is to deep-condition it. I also decided to cut my ends because they're super dead. The result was, still, platinum roots. But my orange hair became a light orange color with tints of yellow... BUT LAWRD, MY HAIR. IT'S EXPIRED-SPAGHETTI-BAD. I was getting tired of the orange tones in my hair so I researched on how to remove the orange tones. Finally, I settled on a homemade experiment and this came to be...

7. Platinum Roots, Ash-Blonde-Light Orange Hair




Whew! IT'S TOO PRETTY. The toner did the job last night, I tell ya. But because I had limited amount of toner I wasn't able to cover it completely, so this photo only shows the parts that were covered. I still have tints of orange hair and platinum roots, and my hair is.as.pasta.dead.as.e.v.e..r.r.r.r.r. I don't even comb my hair anymore huhu. There are also green streaks in my hair because I accidentally covered some of my platinum back roots with the toner, but I'm fine with it. 

So that's how far I am now! Actually, I think I'm still 2-3 stages away from achieving Platinum, according to what I've researched. I'm going back to my best friend's place later to dye my hair Light Ash Blonde. Err, I'm pretty nervous about this. I've heard horror stories of hair turning green when they covered bleached hair with Ash Blonde. But anyway, I'll post the result as soon as I can. Feels good to be back in blogging (aka talking to myself online). I have lots of things to share so you can all copy me loljk. Hope this helped/inspired/entertained/annoyed you!

Labels:

About
20, Manila, 97% seated
etcetera
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.