Saturday 10 May 2014
(DIY) Removing Dye From Hair Posted at 3:48 pm 0 comments (+)
LOL. I'm here to share the homemade experiment I did to lift the jet black dye I had months ago. Before you proceed, let me tell you that this DIY project did not work on my hair. However, I had super black hair when I did this, so maybe I was just too impatient to see the results and based on my ex-ten-sive research, this works better when you have a lighter hair color than black. Another thing is that there are other methods faster and more effective like using products specifically for hair dye removing, but what I'm gonna show you are safer and milder to use, because duh. Homemade.


It's not much. Basically what you do is to mix any (or both) of these to a SHAMPOO and apply it to your hair. 50-50. They say Anti-Dandruff shampoos would work better, but it's up to you! I didn't include it in the picture because I turned all my shampoos into Purple Shampoos, lol.

1. Baking Soda: I'm kinda taking back what I said about "safer" because Baking Soda + Shampoo makes the hair a wee bit dry. The good thing is it won's smell bad at all and lathering it on hair will make no difference.

2. (Crushed) Vitamin C tablets: They also say that crushed tablets work better than powder, but it's up to you! It always is, lol. If I were to choose the best DIY hair dye lifter, it would be this one. Vitamin C + Shampoo might work on you, though it will smell odd while lathering the mixture on your hair. It's like putting egg yolks, but better. 

Of course, this won't remove the hair color in one application. I think doing this every day is fine. By then, you'd notice your hair go from shades of black to red to brown to orange under sunlight,  and if you decide to do this for the rest of your life, it  might even turn you into a blondie! If the hair dye is completely removed, this can also be a hair-lightening method. Don't forget to apply conditioner after you shampoo. CONDITIONER IS A MUST. ON everything. On most.hair.things. Ok

And there you have it. If you decide to try this DIY job and it worked, then good for you! Keep doing it. If not, then you might have to try the ~other~ methods I was talking about earlier (g-O-o-g-L-E it!) If you have questions, I will do my best-even Google it too if you're lazy to do it- to answer your questions and worries, as I am not really a professional hair-person (just hair-obsessed.) Until then, good luck!

Labels:

About
20, Manila, 97% seated
etcetera
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.