Thursday 1 January 2015
Happy New Year! Posted at 6:11 am 0 comments (+)
I'm writing this post as a reminder to myself that I actually set a goal for this year. Honestly, there are a couple of things I needed to work on (since ages ago), but I couldn't bring myself to hit two-five birds with one stone, that's why I never made any resolutions or goals until now. I wanna focus on what I think I need the most: money. UHM, OKAY. I know, cue the contentment/simplicity quotes... But I absolutely have no savings (AS IN, ZERO) for the past 8 years! I'm turning 20 this year; I need to find a job, need to find a backup job while I find a job, need to construct my foundation (that will serve as my starting point to fulfillmy dreams blablabla). I am 67% confident that I have the creativity, but not the money. I cannot move when I don't have it. Literally! And I know it sounds so materialistic and bratty but screw it because deep down you know it's true.

So I was hovering over at Pinterest when I saw these 2015 Fitness/Money/Reading Challenges and I realized I should do one of these for a change! However,the challenges seemed unfit for me because it still felt like a bit too much to handle for a year.I know it's going to be hard if I set very demanding rules (I have tried setting limits on my allowances but I just can't.)  I didn't want to not spend but I also didn't want to not save.  I thought long and hard for what challenge and I came up with a money-saving challenge that will (hopefully) improve my spending habits.

MECHANICS:
1. I am to deposit 20pesos EVERY DAY to my coin bank. So 20 pesos x 365 days = 7300pesos!
2. For EACH MONTH, I am allowed to spend a maximum of 2000 pesos on MAKEUP, CLOTHES, SHOES, HYGIENE, or FOOD aka my guilty pleasures, depending on the guilty pleasure randomly selected. So I can only spend on one guilty pleasure, but I can interchange them as long as I spend upto 2k only.


  • JANUARY: CLOTHES
  • FEBRUARY: SHOES
  • MARCH: HYGIENE
  • APRIL: MAKEUP
  • MAY: SHOES
  • JUNE: FOOD
  • JULY: MAKEUP
  • AUGUST: FOOD
  • SEPTEMBER: SHOES
  • OCTOBER: CLOTHES
  • NOVEMBER: CLOTHES
  • DECEMBER: HYGIENE

2000 pesos x 12 months = 24000 pesos. It's a lot more than the 7300 pesos I'll get to save for December, but at least I have an organized way of deciding where my money goes. I'll have my goodies and I can always put the change (or maybe the whole of it) to my coin bank! I really hope this works.  Feel free to try this if we're on the same page. Goodluck and may you feel better this 2015!
All rights reserved //Tenderfoot
HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶


About
20, Manila, 97% seated
etcetera
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.