Saturday 27 October 2012
Discovering God's Will Posted at 8:07 pm 0 comments (+)

On nights like this when the weather is breezy and calm, I get in the mood to prettify my journal/planner with beautiful words from my daily readings. I was so happy when I stumbled upon this entry by Lauren DeMoss. It just spoke to me; telling me that I'm doing okay in life, because I often wondered if taking things one at a time and focusing on the present is good. Here it is:
The secrets to discovering God’s will…
This topic stressed me out more than you know when I was in high school and college. From my career choices to my boyfriends, I was constantly worried that what I was doing was or wasn’t in “God’s will for my life.” I changed my major three times trying to figure it all out.
Over the years I have realized that my idea of God’s will was way more complicated than it really is. Because, God’s plan is not something He is going to let you in on today, or tomorrow, or even the next day.
Let’s not try to figure everything out all at once.
I believe that 95% of God’s will for each and every one of us is found in God’s word. So many times, I would read the Bible hoping for secret message from God as to what I was supposed to be doing for the rest of my life when, really, what I was supposed to be doing was simply obeying Him today. He has already told us how to live in the Bible. Read it, and put it into practice and you will be living God’s will for your life. 
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. -Matthew 6:33-34
Today–that is all I really have to worry about. Taking steps of obedience today. Reading His words and living them out. Seeking His face and spending time with Him. If I do what I know I am supposed to do today then I can also have faith that He will take care of me tomorrow. One step at a time. As we take one step in obedience, He will shine light on the next step, but we have to move.
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. -Proverbs 8:17
God loves us so very much. He wants us to live in His presence and live out His plan for His glory. Our lives bring Him so much glory when they are lived seeking Him. Why would He make that so hard to figure out? Well, He didn’t. It is not a scavenger hunt where God leaves us encrypted codes to figure out by ourselves. God is so BIG that if we are truly seeking Him and staying close to His side, He will lead us to the path we are supposed to walk on. Plain and simple. We are not going to miss it, He will make sure of it.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. -Psalm 37:23
Lastly, we have to obey the voice of the Lord.Day by day, moment by moment, there is a still, small voice inside our hearts that reminds us of the right things to do and say. That is the Holy Spirit guiding us to the right way. As long as we listen and obey His voice, we will never be wrongly steered for He will ALWAYS agree with God and His word. We can train our hearts to recognize His voice by being tender-hearted and obeying it. However, if we hear His voice telling us to do right and we ignore it, His voice will be stifled in our ears. It will get quieter and quieter until we can not hear it at all. If we truly want to walk in the paths He has for us, we have to listen and obey the voice of our Shepherd.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. -John 10:27
You want to know the secrets to discovering God’s will for your life? Start by reading His Words and doing the things that He clearly tells you are in His will. Seek His face and spend time with Him. Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit leading you in the right ways. Hold His hand every step of the way, and soon you will look back on the years and you will say, “God had a plan all along.” Trust God. He knows what He is doing, and know that you will never walk alone.
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. 
For who is God, save the Lord? or who is a rock, save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
 -Psalm 18:30-32
About
20, Manila, 97% seated
etcetera
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.